Sunday, March 13, 2011

Henna-fied!

I've been super busy past week as I was out of town for my cousin's wedding. It was one week of crazy partying, dancing, eating and sleepless nights! By the end of it, I'm so tired, I think I need a vacation just to get over all that partying! On one of the celebration nights, the 'mehendi' (henna) ceremony took place. Basically the bride and all the girls apply henna to their hands in beautiful intricate patterns. The bride's 'mehendi' is the most beautiful and most time consuming, taking almost close to 3 to 4 hrs as her hands and feet are decorated with this gorgeous orange color. Meanwhile, we sisters, cousins, friends, mothers and aunts get together and sing songs, dance and get our henna applied too. Here's a few pics of me getting henna-fied!


Temporary tattoos eh? :)









No comments: